diaspora* hackathon, Paris, 8–11 October
07 October 2015
If you happen to be around Paris between the 8th and 11th of October, diaspora* will be holding a small hackathon at the Mozilla office there. This hackathon is the first of its kind for this project, so we are really excited about starting something that will hopefully become a tradition.
What will we be working on?
The hope is that – in addition to spending time with each other, of course – lots of code and blueprints will get written. Items on the agenda are, for example:
- discussing the concept of pod migration;
- finalizing the chat feature;
- working on some remaining tasks for the API first phase;
- and, in general, tackling issues regarding the up-coming release of version 0.6.
Check out our kanban board for some ideas we have.
But most importantly, this is an event for fellow enthusiasts to hang out and work on our favourite open-source project together.
Who can join?
Anyone wanting to discuss or work on diaspora*! Come and meet some project members and chat about diaspora*. Know code but not familiar with contributing to diaspora*? Good! We’ll help you set up an environment – just bring your laptop.
You can pop in briefly or stay the whole time. Also, we will very, very likely be spending the evenings eating and drinking in Paris, so you’re welcome to also join us over a drink or a few.
How do I sign up?
No need to sign up in advance, but of course we appreciate knowing in advance who is planning to come. And to enable us to give you exact information on how to find us, an email address could be nice. Let us know via the contact details in the wiki page regarding the hackathon. Or just turn up; we will post a reminder in the days before the event.
The Mozilla Paris office
16 Bis Boulevard Montmartre
75009 Paris, France
From Thursday 8 to Sunday 11 October 2015.
We're really grateful to Mozilla for sponsoring the space for this event. ♥
- As most of the core participants will be arriving in the evening of 8th of October, we recommend that you arrive on the 9th, 10th or 11th.
- Please let us know if you plan on coming. Contact details are in the wiki page regarding the hackathon.
- If you want to meet up during the evening, send a message to some of the contacts in the wiki and let's make it happen!
- The Mozilla office has a reception that will be aware of the hackathon. Please ask there for information when arriving.