diaspora* development review, January 2015
07 February 2015
These are the changes made to diaspora*'s codebase during January. They will take effect with the release of diaspora* v0.5.0.0.
Say a big thank you to everyone who has helped improve diaspora* this month!
This list has been created by volunteers from the diaspora* community. We'd love help in creating a development review each month; if you would like to help us, get in touch via the related thread on Loomio.
- fixed the style of the header for the new statistics page: #5587
- fixed the information about available services and open registrations, which wasn't correctly displayed on the new statistics page: #5595 and #5599
Marco Colli @collimarco
- fixed a bug that linked a profile image from facebook instead of downloading it to the pod for the diaspora* profile: #5493
- fixed the translation of timestamps on the mobile website: #5489
Dumitru Ursu @dimaursu
- added a autoprefixer for CSS vendor prefixes: #5532, #5535 and #5536
- converted MySQL fields to 4-byte unicode which improves the range of supported chars in posts on pods using MySQL: #5530
- added an environment variable to specify the Firefox version for our test suite: #5584. The test suite sometimes has problems with recent Firefox versions, which can lead to failing tests when running the test suite on your own computer.
- added buttons to the single-post view to hide/remove a post and to ignore a user: #5547
- added a currency setting to Paypal donations and allowed unhosted donation buttons for podmins: #5452
- added followed tags to the mobile menu: #5468
- removed the truncation for notification emails: #4830
- fixed the active users count on the new statistics page: #5590
François Lamontagne @flamontagne
- added a missing link in the FAQ: #5509
James Kiesel @gdpelican
- improved the profile export feature. The export is now generated in the background and the user receives a notification mail as soon as the export is done: #5499 and #5578
Jason Robinson @jaywink
- added some missing configuration for the profile export background job: #5570
- improved the README: #5550
Marcelo Briones @margori
- added the ability to strip privacy-sensitive EXIF data when uploading images: #5510
Sakshi Jain @sjain1107
- removed the community spotlight setting from the settings page if it has not been enabled on the pod: #5562
- fixed the style of the profile exporter on the settings page: #5582
- added a statistics page. We already had statistics before but now they are more readable for non-technical users: #5464
Steffen van Bergerem @svbergerem
- removed unused code from the ProfileHeaderView: #5472
- ported the contacts page to Backbone.js: #5473. This implements client-side rendering of the contact list, which should speed up page load times.
- replaced the markdown renderer pagedown by markdown-it: #5526, #5541, #5543, #5545 and #5574
- added plugins for the markdown-it markdown renderer: #5551